Nutrition and Dietetics
The dietetic service provides advice and support to help manage a range of diet-related health problems, including:
- High cholesterol;
- Gastrointestinal problems;
- Poor appetite;
- Fussy eating.
Group programs and offered for preventing diabetes (Life! programs) as well as diabetes education for those diagnosed with diabetes. You can also book in for supermarket tours and one-off information sessions on a range of topics. Home visits are available to those who are unable to attend the center.
How the dietitian will work with you:
- Find out what health and food issues concern you
- Take into account your preferred eating pattern and family needs
- Provide information to help you understand how different foods can affect your health and wellbeing
- Plan achievable changes together that suit you
- Support you over several weeks or months to reach your goals
Can you use this service?
Nutrition and dietetic services are available to people who work, live or study in the City of Whitehorse and we prioritise our services for people on low-medium incomes and holders of Health Care or Pension cards.
What does it cost?
For a downloadable brochure regarding this and other services, please click here. The brochures are listed alphabetically.
To make further enquiries about our services, please contact our Reception Team on 9890 2220, between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.